Thursday, September 23, 2010

Am I a color hypocrite

Am I a color hypocrite?
  In thinking about color in my life and world, I realized that I have a specific set of my own color rules that I began to notice. Firstly in my clothing, I don’t ware much color on my person, my wardrobe consists of mostly neutral tones, lots of black, navy, charcoal, brown and olive. Color in my clothing is never a random thing, never just thrown on or nonchalant. Combinations must be carefully considered, what colors will work well together? Do I mix neutrals with my color pieces? Even the color in my clothing tends to be somewhat muted, the hues tend to be rich rather than bright, with a few exceptions, wine, pine-green, cobalt and burnt orange. This color conservatism in my wardrobe is the polar opposite of the color found in my living space. Every room in my apartment is a different, generally very bright color, an eggplant living room, sunshine yellow kitchen with red dining table and electric green breakfront. Why is color such a good thing in my personal living space but not on my person?
 Me at Halloween, Even at then I'm wearing black!

No comments:

Post a Comment